Bradley-John Watling, sometimes known as BJ Watling, is a former New Zealand international cricketer of South African origin who has represented Northern Districts since December 2004. He made his Test debut in December 2009 and his first One Day International eight months later.
|Full Name||Bradley-John Watling|
|Birthday||9 July 1985|
|Age in 2021||36 years old (in 2021)|
|Birth Place||Durban, Natal Province, South Africa|
|Weight||65 kg (143 lbs)|
|Height||5 Feet 9 Inches (1.83 m)|
|Child Name||Hudson Reid Watling|
Miller George Watling
|Net Worth||$2 million|
BJ Watling Biography
Watling, John BJ is a South African-born international cricketer who now represents New Zealand in international matches. He was born in July of 1985, and his birthday is on July 9th. His birthplace is Durban, Natal Province in South Africa. BJ bats right-handed and bowls right-arm off-break. He is a batsman and wicketkeeper for the New Zealand squad. He represents New Zealand in all formats of cricket. He has played more than 60 test matches and 25 ODIs as of August 2019. On November 12, 2009, he made his international cricket debut against Pakistan in a T20 cricket match. Read on to learn more about BJ Watling’s wiki and the most recent revisions.
BJ Watling Height, Weight, Body measurement
BJ Watling is 5 feet 9 inches (1.83 meters) tall and weighs 65 kg (143 lbs). The weight may have changed, but we only included the most recent one. Her hair is black and brown, and her eyes are black.
- He was born in Durban, South Africa, but his family relocated to New Zealand when he was just ten years old.
- From an early age, he was captivated by the game of cricket, and he learned the game from former Test cricketer Chris Kuggeleijn throughout his school days.
- Watling attended Hamilton Boys’ High School and excelled there. Watling and his squad won the Gillette Cup twice, and he represented England in the Under-19 Cricket World Cup in 2004. He had an above-average world cup, scoring 268 runs in six games, including half-centuries and centuries.
- Watling was subsequently called up to the Northern Districts squad and given the chance to make his first-class debut as a wicket-keeper in 2004. He began as an opener and then began starting the batting for the squad.
- In December 2009, Watling made his international debut and played his first Test match. He took part in the match against Pakistan, scoring 18 and 60 points in the first and second innings, respectively.
- Watling made his first century in a Test match against Zimbabwe at McLean Park, Napier, in May 2012.
- He also served as a stand-in captain for the New Zealand squad against England in 2015, while several players were competing in the Indian Premier League.
- Watling hit his first double century in a test match against England at the Oval stadium in November 2019, becoming the first wicket-keeper batter for New Zealand and the ninth in the world to do so.
Watling has declared his retirement from all forms of cricket after the World Test Championships final against India in 2021.
- Watling is the first wicket-keeper batsman to score a double hundred for New Zealand in Test.
- He is also a part of the highest 6th and 7th wicket partnership of New Zealand in Test cricket.
- He holds the record of Most dismissals by a Wicket-keeper for New Zealand.
BJ Watling’s Net Worth
BJ Watling’s net worth is believed to be USD 2 million, according to celebs.infoseemedia.com (approx. INR 14.6 crores). The bulk of his fortune comes from his contract with New Zealand Cricket, where he plays in the Test format. BJ Watling was paid retainer money of USD 50,000 (approx. INR 36 lakhs) and a Test cost of USD 8,495 under the central contract of New Zealand players for the 2020-21 season (approx. 6.2 lakhs)
BJ Watling Wife, Marriage, Children
BJ Watling is presently married to Jess Watling, with whom he has two children. Watling continues to share lovely experiences with his two children on Instagram. BJ Watling’s wife was commended at the retirement announcement when Watling said that his wife Jess has been a continuous source of stability and support and that he is looking forward to spending more time with her and the kids. He also wanted to thank his mother for pointing him on the correct path and for always being there for him.
Awards & Achievement
- While representing Hamilton Boy’s High School 1st Xl, he won the Gillette Cup two times.
- Watling was born in South Africa but played for the New Zealand squad since his family relocated to New Zealand when he was ten years old.
- BJ Watling has yet to play for an IPL team or an international match.
- His game is modeled after Jonty Rhodes’: no major hitting, but the accumulation of runs via holes.
- Watling has the highest averages and highest scores with the middle and lower orders, and he scores more individual runs while the team is struggling.
- Only New Zealand wicketkeeper Batsman has scored a double century.
- He is one of New Zealand’s most successful wicketkeeper batters.