Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, Wednesday 7 December 2022 can be accessed below.
Good morning! Here is the summary of the top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines today.
1. President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday restated his commitment to handing over leadership to an elected president on May 29 next year. He stated this in a brief remark to Mr. Shakib Ben Musa, the Minister of National Education, Pre-School and Sports of the Kingdom of Morocco, who visited the State House, Abuja, as Special Envoy of King Mohammed the VI.
2. The police in Benue State on Monday said they have launched a manhunt for the gunmen who kidnapped the Commissioner for Housing and Urban Development, Chief Dennis Ekpe Ogbu, and two others.
3. Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, yesterday, paid a courtesy visit to the State House of Assembly to solicit their support and cooperation. The duo had disagreed over the order of the governor, directing the Local Government Chairmen to vacate office in line with the judgment of the court that sacked them.
4. Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood Yakubu, has told the United Nations that the commission would not disappoint Nigerians and the international community in conducting credible, transparent, inclusive elections. The assurance was contained in his remarks during the meeting with the United Nations Office for West Africa and the Sahel (UNOWAS) in Abuja, yesterday.
5. Cristiano Ronaldo will sign a contract for Saudi Arabian side, Al-Nassr on January 1, according to reports in Spain. The Portuguese superstar looks to have finally found himself a new club following his dramatic exit from Manchester United just two days before the start of the World Cup.
6. A few days after endorsing the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, a former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has returned to the main opposition party. The former lawmaker was received into the party on Monday during a presidential campaign rally in Lagos State.
7. An infighting between the late Abubakar Shekau’s faction of Boko Haram and Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP), has reportedly left scores of terrorists killed in the last three days. It was gathered that the notorious leader of Boko Haram, Ali Ngulde, on December 3, led hundreds of fighters armed with weapons from Mandara mountains to attack ISWAP positions in a major onslaught against the rival group.
8. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, yesterday, threatened that members of the G5 governors within the Peoples Democratic Party will strike back at the PDP presidential candidate campaign council if any member of the council insults the governors. The governor made the threat at the flag-off of a new road project in Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State on Monday.
9. The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the 2023 general elections, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Monday took his campaign to London, United Kingdom, where he revealed his plans to rebuild the nation’s economy, security and foreign policy if elected as president.
10. The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has warned presidential aspirants from downplaying the accomplishments of the regime of President Muhammadu Buhari during their campaigns ahead of the 2023 polls. He specifically accused the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, of doing so, saying Buhari constructed a road to Atuki’s village.
That’s the Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, check back tomorrow. Read more Naija news on newsoneng.com.