Roku gets a lot of HBO Max shows for free — including Westworld
If you are wondering where is the HBO Max Show that Warner Bros. Discovery take away From the streaming service, we now have some answers.
to me variety (Opens in a new tab)Warner Bros., Inc. Discovery deal with Roku Toby To bring some of its shows and movies to its ad-supported Free (FAST) Streaming TV Channels. Warner was Hint at this step Back in December in a press email titled “HBO Max Content Moving to FAST,” but this is the first official announcement regarding which FAST partners will feature the HBO Max offerings.
HBO FAST: What’s Coming to Roku
Roku’s FAST Service – Roku Channel – Set to Warner Bros. Discovery Channels this spring. These channels will include a variety of content from the company’s portfolio of networks, including The Bachelor, Cake Boss, Say Yes to the Dress, F-Boy Island and the critically acclaimed HBO series Westworld.
But that’s not all that’s coming to the Roku Channel. In addition to these aforementioned offerings, Roku will also add about 2,000 hours of on-demand content from hundreds of TV shows and movies in the Warner Bros. catalog. Wide Discovery. Variety states that this content will be sourced from “HBO, HBO Max, Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television, and more.”
HBO FAST: What’s Goin On Toby
Details of Tubi’s partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery is more realistic. Toby, A.; Free streaming service Owned by Fox, it adds “14 WB-branded FAST channels and over 225 ad-supported VOD titles.” This will bring over 2,000 hours of free ad-supported content to Tubi, which seems like a huge win for the platform.
New WBD content is set to launch on Tubi as early as tomorrow (February 1) and the full rollout will likely take the entire month of February. Here is a list of everything that has been confirmed to come to Toby as part of this deal:
- WB TV Series: Outstanding TV Series Including ‘Westworld’, ‘Raised by Wolves’, ‘The Nevers’ and ‘The Time Traveler’s Wife’
- WB TV reality: Unscripted TV series including “Legendary,” “FBoy Island,” and “Finding Magic Mike.”
- WB TV Family: Bunch of ‘family friendly’ series including ‘Head of the Class’
- WBTV Sweet Escapes: Baking competition shows including “Cake Boss,” “Extreme Cake Makers,” and “Cake Wars”
- The claws and claws of WB TV: Pet shows including “Dogs 101” and “My Cat from Hell”
- WBTV Slice of Life: Series that follows people from “all over the world” including “Extreme Couponing,” “Breaking Amish,” and “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.”
- WBTV Welcome Home: Real estate and interior design shows, including “Caribbean Living,” “Buying Hawaii,” and “The Bahamas”
- WBTV in the movies: A selection of classic films from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s
- How to use WBTV: Inspiring Curiosity series including How It’s Made, How Everything Is Built, and How the Earth Works
- WB TV Superstar: Shows Including “Ghost Brothers,” “Paranormal Lockdown,” and “Ghost Asylum”
- WB TV Crime Series: Shows include “Murder Chose Me,” “A Crime to Remember,” and “Murder Comes to Town.”
- WB TV Mysteries: Shows like “Mysteries at the Museum,” “Mysteries at the Monument,” and “Beyond Boundaries”
- WB TV Love and Marriage: Shows include Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta, Four Weddings, and A Wedding Story.
- WB TV Family Rules: Series about real-life families including “Long Lost Family,” “The Little Couple,” and “My Five Wives”
- WB TV keeps it real: Reality shows including “The Bachelor”, “Bachelorette”, “Bachelor in Paradise”, “Finding Magic Mike” and “Fboy Island”
- WB TV All Together: Shows with “characters that feel like family” including “Eight Is Enough,” “Better With You,” and “Class President.”
HBO FAST: Big win for free TV
In the end, these deals look like a big win for Roku, Tubi, and Apple TV Quick services generally. This is Prestige TV for free – even if the content is all outdated. This could give these services a huge content advantage over other FAST services like Viacom’s Pluto TV or Amazon Complimentaryand are two of the most popular services in the emerging FAST market.
It’s also a huge win for people looking to cut the cord on the cheap, as you now get hundreds — even thousands — of hours of content that you don’t need to pay or share a password to watch. This is a major selling point for choosing one from The best free streaming services when Paid broadcast services Like Netflix Share the password.