Todays Stories

Mohamed Rashid Robinson, John Nsingwera and Mahamudu Sylla set to appear in court after robbery and closure of Wisdom High School

Houston, Texas (KTRK) – Three youth suspects accused of a robbery near Wisdom High School that led to the police shooting and closing on that campus are expected to go on trial Monday.

All three face serious charges.

  • Muhammad Rashid Robinson, 17 years old: accused of theft with threats
  • John Nsingwera, 18: charged with aggravated assault on a police officer after he allegedly pointed a gun at officers
  • Mohamedou Sela, 18 years old: accused of theft with threats

The incident was revealed when police said Sela confronted someone Thursday afternoon at the 6400 Westheimer apartment complex, saying, “Give me whatever you got,” while giving the impression he was hiding and carrying a gun.

This all happened within a mile of Wisdom High School.

According to police, Sela then took a ride from a “regular person” who thought he was doing a good job, to the school located at 6529 Beverly Hill.

Sila, a student at the school, checks in to campus through standard procedures. He went to the auditorium, where police said there were at least 100 students.

Authorities said they were able to detain the suspect safely, and there was never a gun inside the school.

Robinson and Nsenguera are also linked to the theft at the apartment complex. They were arrested.

Nsingwera was shot in the knee by a Houston police officer as authorities moved in with the suspects. The officer opened fire after investigators said Nsingwera had pointed his gun at the police. The suspect is fine.

What parents are upset about is how to deal with the lockdown.

On Friday afternoon, HISD Police Chief Pedro Lopez confirmed that Sela entered Wisdom High School through the front door, even checked in at the office at 12:34 p.m. At 12:40 p.m., a Houston police officer called the school, saying that The suspect was probably inside. At 12:41 p.m., the school closed.

“Obviously the video surveillance is catching him walking up to the front, waiting at the front door. He flew in, entered the office area and signed the entry like most students do,” Lopez said.

However, HISD maintains that the first notification was not sent to parents until 1:53 p.m., well after many students had contacted their parents. The over an hour gap from closing to notification, according to HISD sources who spoke to ABC13, was clearly too long.

On Friday, HISD’s head of innovation and strategy told ABC13 that the district should have communicated better. “We want to do a better job at a lot of things, and one of them is reaching out to families to make sure they are aware of any situations that might affect them or their children,” said Michael Love. “That’s what we’ll be looking at to make sure we’re connecting.”

ABC13 looked at online court records and it appears that as of Monday morning, Robinson is out of custody.

The other two suspects are still in prison.

For news updates, follow Charly Edsitty on FacebookAnd Twitter And Instagram.

Copyright © 2023 KTRK-TV. All rights reserved.

Back to top button