Top Stories from Across Nigerian Newspapers Today, 29th March 2023
Top Stories from across Nigerian Newspapers today, 29th March 2023, can be accessed below.
TheTimes has compiled Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers, which means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria today can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good day! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has threatened to carry out a nationwide protest in two weeks if the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) fails to find a permanent solution to cash scarcity. President of NLC, Joe Ajaero, and his counterpart in the TUC, Festus Osifo, gave the warning at a joint press briefing which was held at Labour House, at the end of their National Executive Council meeting, on Tuesday.
2. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has begun drilling oil in the Ebenyi-A well in Nasarawa state. The Chief Executive Officer of NNPC Ltd, Mele Kyari, while speaking on Tuesday at the spud-in of Ebenyi-A well in Ajibu community of Obi LGA of Nasarawa state, said the NNPC was also working to raise daily production from about 1.6 million barrels per day (bpd) to 3m bpd soon.
3. Bandits in Kaduna State went berserk on Sunday, killing a baby born by an abducted pregnant house wife, Mrs Shamsiya Mustapha. The woman, her husband, Mustapha and her 16-year-old daughter, Mahapuza Mustapha, were abducted by bandits at their residence in Janjala community in Kagarko local area of the state on February, 5, 2023.
4. Twenty-four lives were lost in an auto crash that occurred on Monday night in Lavun Local Government Area of Niger State. The lone crash involved a truck which was said to be conveying about 87 passengers to Lagos from Zaria, Kaduna State.
5. The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has described President-elect Bola Tinubu as a “visionary, consistent, loyal and enigmatic master strategist” whose democratic credentials are scholarly materials for study in political economy. This was contained in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Gboyega Akosile, to mark Tinubu’s birthday.
6. The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Iyorchia Ayu, who stepped aside from his position on Tuesday, is set to fight his suspension by a Benue State High Court. His Special Assistant on Communication, Simon Imobo-tswam, disclosed that Ayu would challenge the suspension order in court.
7. The Federal Government, on Tuesday, gave the assurance that the transition of power from President Muhammadu Buhari to the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, would be smooth and peaceful. This was as the government said the refurbishment of offices for the President and Vice-President elect had been completed.
8. The Abia State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday said it has concluded plans to challenge the outcome of the state Governorship election which produced the Labour Party candidate, Alex Otti as winner. In a statement, PDP vowed to seek redress in court, especially for six Local Government Areas where the BVAS machines were not used.
9. The National Chairman of the Labour Party, Julius Abure, yesterday, assured that no newly elected National Assembly member under the LP would defect to other parties. Speaking in Abuja after meeting with members of the National Assembly-elect, the chairman noted that the party would make a difference in deepening the nation’s democracy.
10. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has drawn comparison between the exit of Prince Uche Secondus, former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Senator Iyiorcha Ayu who was replaced yesterday, saying Ayu is gone like Secondus.
That’s the Top Stories from across Nigerian Newspapers today, kindly check back tomorrow for more. Read Naija News on TheTimes Nigeria.