UK Islamic center accused of having ‘outrageous’ ties to ‘brutal Iranian regime’
No surprise here. Many Islamic centers (as well as mosques and charities) in the UK and elsewhere in the West have frequently been found to be tied to jihadist foreign entities. Just a few examples:
- Qatar and Turkey bankrolling Muslim Brotherhood networks across Europe, including Muslim Council of Britain
- UK: Shia mosques and Islamic schools honor ‘martyr’ Soleimani
- UK: Police increase patrols around mosque after it was criticized in report on Manchester jihad bombing
- UK: Children at Islamic Republic of Iran School sing song that references apocalyptic myth about massacring Jews
- Turkish government using US mosques to spread “Islamist-nationalistic fervor”
- Sweden: Muslims seek foreign funding for mega mosque to serve dramatic Muslim pop. increase
- Qatar discovered to be behind hostile Israel statements from American universities
- Hizballah and Hamas rank at top of Forbes’ ‘Richest Terror Groups’ list (Unindicted co-conspirators to the Muslim Brotherhood Hamas HERE )
- Islamic charity officials gave millions to al-Qaeda
Warning: discussing it or addressing this will render you “Islamophobic” in the eyes of special interest Islamic lobbies, many of whom themselves have ties to jihadist foreign entities. There will be far-reaching consequences of those ties, down the road.
“British Islamic centres accused of having ‘outrageous’ ties to brutal Iranian regime,” by Tom Watling, Express, March 21, 2023:
EXCLUSIVE: The Islamic Centre of England is one of several organisations with alleged links to Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has presided over the illegal detainment of British dual-nationals, as well as the widespread persecution and execution of civilians who oppose his regime.
UK authorities have been called to urgently investigate reported connections between several Islamic institutions based in Britain and the Iranian regime. Jason Brodsky, policy director of United Against Nuclear Iran, described to Express.co.uk the links between the Islamic Centre of England to Ayatollah Khamenei as “outrageous”, echoing comments made by security minister Tom Tugendhat that these organisations pose a “vile threat” to the UK.
In the past eight months, the Iranian regime has executed dozens of civilians on trumped up charges, including Alireza Akbari, a British-Iranian dual national, as well as maiming and killing at least hundreds more in crackdowns on anti-Khamenei protests. It has also supplied Russia with deadly kamikaze drones that have devastated Ukrainian cities.
During a parliamentary debate on Monday, Christian Wakeford, the Labour MP for Bury South, decried the “extreme activities” of the Islamic Centre of England, which is a UK-registered charity.
He said that it showed “the threat that Iran poses in the UK”, given it is reportedly funded by the Iranian authorities and is under the direction of the UK representative of the Iranian Supreme Leader.
Several other MPs called for the Islamic Centre of England to be shut down after revelations that some of the sheikhs it promotes have called for the downfall of western democracies and the “compassionate” killing of gay people.
The centre was issued with a warning in 2020 when it held a vigil for the late Qasem Soleimani, the former commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Quds Force, who was killed by US drone strikes….