A total of 559 intending pilgrims from Jigawa were, on Wednesday, transported to Saudi Arabia for the 2023 Hajj exercise.
The pilgrims departed Dutse International Airport at 4:45 p.m. aboard Max Air.
One thousand six hundred and twenty-five pilgrims from the state are expected to perform the exercise.
Addressing journalists shortly after their departure, the executive secretary of the state Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board, Umar Labbo, said all necessary arrangements had been concluded for the transportation of the remaining pilgrims.
He said the first batch of the pilgrims were from all the 16 local government areas of the state.
The executive secretary urged the pilgrims to shun any act that would contravene the laws of Saudi Arabia and tarnish the image of the state and the country.
“We also reminded the pilgrims that any unlawful act could invalidate their Hajj,” Mr Labbo said.
In their reactions, some of the pilgrims, who spoke on behalf of others, commended the board for the timely and hitch-free screening.