Fire guts residential building in Anambra

Fire has gutted a residential building at Obiofia Nnewi Ichi in the Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra.

This is contained in a statement by the fire chief of the Anambra Fire Service, Martin Agbili, on Friday in Onitsha.

Mr Agbili said the service received a distress call of a fire outbreak in the residential building at about 7:02 p.m. on Thursday.

He said firefighters were immediately deployed to the scene to control the fire.

“The cause of the fire outbreak was as a result of an electric spark from a power surge.

“The building was seriously burnt by the fire but no life was lost during the firefighting.

“A lot were saved as all surrounding buildings were saved from the effect of the fire spread,” he said.


Back to top button