The Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Christopher Musa, has promised that incidents of accidental bombing will not repeat itself.
The PUNCH reports that the military had recorded more than 12 cases of mishits leading to the death of over 400 civilians in the last seven years, with the recent being the drone strike last week at Tudun Biri village in Kaduna State which was said to have killed over 100 civilians.
Speaking with newsmen at the 4th Edition of the Chief of Defence Staff Armed Forces and Security Agencies Half Marathon Championship 2023, on Saturday in Abuja, Musa described the Kaduna incident as regrettable, adding that the nation and the armed forces were mourning those who had died during the incident.
Musa noted that the military would put in every measure to ensure that such mistakes are not repeated.
He said, “We pray for the repose of those that have died and those that are injured. We will make sure that they are provided for and the Federal Government and everyone is putting hands on deck to ensure that we take care of the community, take care of those that have been injured and also ensure that this doesn’t happen again.
“I want to thank all the Nigerians for understanding with members of the armed forces and other security agencies.
“It was not deliberate. It was something that should not have been. We are going to move forward and we are using this competition to appreciate Nigerians for all their support and love for members of the armed forces and to assure them that we will continue to work very hard.
“We want to restore peace and tranquility in Nigeria and God willing, all of us together will achieve that. “