Three-year-old boy burnt as fire razes Lagos building

A three-year-old boy, simply identified as Micheal was over the weekend burnt  to death as fire razed a building in the Ejigbo area of Lagos State.

Preliminary report had it that the fire started from a lit candle in one of the rooms at 5 Olorunsogo street, while millions of Naira worth of hoods were destroyed in the late Saturday night inferno, which caused serious tension around Ejigbo.

The spokesperson in charge of the Lagos State Police Command, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the death of the boy to Tribune Online on Sunday.

Hundeyin said, “At about 23: hours on 2/3/2024 ,a report was received at Ejigbo Police Station  that fire broke out at 5 Olorunsogo street Ejigbo.

“It was reported that the fire was caused by a candle that was lit ,which later melted in one of the rooms ” 

He added: “The room caught fire and it spread to ten other rooms in the  compound.

“As a result of he fire, one child, Micheal, a 3-year- old son of one Ayo was burnt to death completely.” 

Also, properties worth millions of naira got burnt in the inferno as a combined team of policemen and fire fighters battled the inferno.

The burnt body of the deceased boy was taken away from the scene by emergency workers from the Lagos State Ambulance Service.

Back to top button